Millions of people lost work and wages during COVID-19. But there’s an added cost to migrant students – without these jobs, we can’t apply for permanent residency (PR). Now post graduate work permits (PGWP) are expiring, and thousands of us are in crisis. If work permits remain non-renewable, students will lose status and the ability to get PR. Fill in your information below to send an email to Prime Minister Trudeau and Immigration Minister Marco Mendicino to #FixPGWP and ensure #StatusforAll.
We need the government to make immediate changes:
(1) Make Work Permits Renewable, so we have more time.
(2) Value all work to count for PR, including part-time, NOC C & D.
(3) Real access to PR: Lower the Comprehensive Ranking System score.
(4) Unite Families, so our family members can get work permits.
(5) Status for All: All migrants deserve full and permanent status.
(6) Lower Tuition Fees & Universal Services: We want the same rights as everyone else.
Read the letter we sent to Minister Mendicino on Friday October 4, 2020 here.