* Are you a strong community advocate or service provider that hosts regular meetings?
* Have you had a hard time understanding what exactly is happening in immigration policy?
* Do you have opinions about what new immigrants need in Canada?
Then this opportunity is for you!
The Migrant Workers Alliance for Change is inviting applications from immigrants with strong community connections for a two-day Train-the-Trainer session on immigration and refugee policy. We will give you the tools and support you to facilitate discussion on immigration in your community. At this training you will learn:
* The real facts about immigration, and refugee policy;
* How immigration policy is made, and how you can influence it;
* Tools to support and refer newcomers and migrants; and
* Facilitation skills
If this is of interest to you, then apply right now! This opportunity is especially for immigrant community leaders, and does not require any prior qualifications. You do not need to speak English as your first language.