On March 18 and 19, current and former international students are organizing and joining actions for permanent resident Status for All and fairness. There are actions in 7 cities across the country, sign up below and join the one in Toronto!
Sunday, March 19
Christie Pits Park
See map here: https://goo.gl/maps/ztX4XJv9crWPiJQh7
Can’t make it on Sunday?
Sign the petition and send a message to PM Trudeau for Status for All and fairness: MigrantWorkersAlliance.org/MSUFairness
Migrant Student Workers (current, graduated and undocumented international students) are now the largest group of temporary migrants in the country. We are uniting as migrants for our rights, for justice and dignity. Let’s unite to #MakeItFair!
ENSURE STATUS FOR ALL MIGRANT STUDENT WORKERS
- Fix Express Entry: Fair CRS calculations, predictable draws, no one left out
- Value all work in immigration selection: In any NOC/TEER, work done on the study permit, in co-op
- No exclusions: PR status for all regardless of age, immigration status, work, language and education requirements
- Permanently end the 20 hour work rule for study permit holders
- Make PGWP renewable, and include private college students
- Allow co-op work authorization without extra permits
- Permit protections for vulnerable and destitute migrant student workers
- No industry of work restrictions
LOWER TUITION, ENSURE GOOD JOBS & ALL SERVICES
- Fair tuition: No differential treatment, caps on tuition increases, stop the fees
- Ensure access to employment and decent work; end wage theft and labour exploitation.
- Ensure full access to all services including healthcare, housing, jobs, scholarships, and in-school support
- Ensure family unity