What should I do if my work permit is expiring or has expired?

If your work permit is expiring soon, you may be able to extend your work permit through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP). Your employer will need a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) first. 

If your work permit has expired, you may be able to restore your status if you have a positive LMIA. You have 90 days after your work permit expires to restore your status.

But we are tired of these temporary policies – we need permanent solutions! This is why migrant care workers like you are organizing to win full and permanent status for all. Join us!