Our names are Ramanjot, Karamjit, Lovepreet, Dimple and Harpreet. We are some of the former international students who are facing deportation after being scammed by education recruiters, such as Brijesh Mishra. There’s not a lot of time left. Please support our fight for justice by sending a message to Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino, Immigration Minister Sean Fraser. Read our stories and sign the petition below.
Update on International Students Fight Against Deportation
Read here, and check regularly for updates: https://migrantworkersalliance.org/deportationupdate/
After an incredible 18 day permanent protest by Punjabi students in Toronto outside of immigration enforcement headquarters, on Wednesday June 14, 2023, Immigration Minister Sean Fraser held a media event and released a statement. Read more here about what was announced and what concerns remain.
Permanent protest ends after 18 days of incredible struggle!
Since Sunday May 28, students facing deportation have been holding down a 24/7 protest in front of immigration enforcement headquarters in Mississauga (Greater Toronto Area). Hundreds from the community have been uniting and rallying for justice. Every night, there’s a community gathering at 7pm – with food, speeches, performances – but you can drop by any time. Join the fight for justice!
6900 Airport Road, closest to entrance 93
June 8: Urgent Action at Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino’s Office!
Thursday June 8
Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino’s office
511 Lawrence Ave W
Join a rally to stop the deportation of international students and call for permanent resident status for all. More than a 100 international students are facing deportation after being tricked by education recruiters. Most of these students have spent more than half a decade in this country, have completed studies, work and live here. Time is running out, Lovepreet Singh’s deportation is in less than a week.
Let’s stand for justice together.
If you’ve questions, contact:
* Sarom: email@example.com, 416-887-8315
* Gurjeet: 647-575-9607
* Bikram: 647-612-5161
Read more about our struggles and stories here:
- CBC News: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/international-student-deportation-toronto-1.6869251
- Toronto Star: https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2023/06/02/the-dream-is-shattered-says-student-facing-deportation-as-supporters-join-rally-over-fake-admission-letter.html
- City News Vancouver: https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2023/06/05/india-international-students-deportation/
- The Pie News: https://thepienews.com/news/canada-fraud-investigation-students-fight-deportation/
- Vancouver Sun: https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/surrey-man-facing-deportation-in-fake-admission-letter-scandal-affecting-hundreds
- MSN: https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/world/focus-not-to-penalise-victims-canadian-minister-on-30-indian-students-facing-deportation/ar-AA1bLuO1?li=AAgges1
- CTV News: https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/don-t-punish-int-l-students-over-fake-admission-letters-advocate-1.6330344
- The Real News: https://therealnews.com/he-thought-hed-been-accepted-to-a-canadian-university-until-officials-tried-to-deport-him
- CBC Vancouver: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-vicitm-suspected-immigration-scam-1.6874065
My name is Karamjeet Kaur, and I am facing deportation on May 29th, 2023. Why? I am being punished because my immigration agent tricked me and submitted a fake school admission letter back in 2018 when he applied for my permit. I have been living in Canada for the past five years, I did everything for this country and it is my home now. I did my study in Edmonton College Norquest and got the post graduate work permit. For the past four years, I am working at as a full-time supervisor at a warehouse.
I applied for my permanent residency, but to my shock, I got called in for an interview with Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). They told me about that fake offer letter, which I had no idea about before. I never thought that this could happen. I did everything according to the rules, and even got my post-graduate work permit. But Canada still wants to deport me and hundreds of other students.
I have very less time left. CBSA issued me a deportation plane ticket for May 29. But I am still taking action to get justice, so that I can stay in Canada. I applied for a Humanitarian and Compassionate application, and I am asking to get a stay on my deportation until I get the decision on my application, which is in process. I am requesting Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino and Immigration Minister Sean Fraser to look into this and do the right thing to ensure justice for me and the other students who are victims of this fraud. Please support us by signing the petition and sharing with everybody you know.