The Migrant Workers Alliance for Change (MWAC) is an organization for and by migrants. We are uniting to win rights at work and immigration justice.
By becoming a member, you will learn more about your rights as a worker, have access to support, build your leadership skills and be part of our movement to ensure rights and justice for all. Members participate in monthly meetings, as well as online and in-person activities and become part of a supportive community of workers & friends.
Members believe in building our collective power and being in solidarity with workers speaking up for justice anywhere in the world.
- You join a community of migrant leaders fighting for change;
- Get invited to special events and receive support from others in a similar situation;
- Opportunities to speak to elected officials, decision-makers and the media;
- Get priority support (attention) if you are facing problem or if you are being treated unfairly;
- Get free workshops and training on topics such as workplace rights; immigration issues; taxes and Employment Insurance; accessing health care and social support systems; and collective organizing 101.
- Attend at least 6 out of 12 meetings each year (either in-person or online);
- Receive regular communication and respond to them;
- Participate in regular trainings, events and activities;
- Outreach to other workers, and invite them to be part of our movement;
- Support other members in MWAC and
- Represent MWAC in public and online.
How do I become a member?
- To become a member, fill out the membership form below and then send us a message on WhatsApp based on your sector:
- Migrant Care Workers: 416-897-4388
- Migrant Healthcare Workers (this includes refugee & undocumented): 647-782-6633
- Migrant Students: 647-858-2854
- Migrant Fishery Workers: 506-251-7467
- Migrant Farm Workers: 905-324-2840