My study permit is expired or expiring, what should I do?

If your study permit is expiring and you haven’t completed your studies yet, you can apply for a study permit extension. You should do this at least 30 days before your permit expires.

If your study permit is expiring and you will be graduating before it expires, you can apply for a post graduate work permit (PGWP). You have up to 180 days after you get your final marks from school to apply for a PGWP.

If your study permit has already expired, you can try to restore your status. You usually have 90 days after your permit expires to restore. But during COVID19, you may be eligible to restore your status until August 31, 2021 if you had valid status on or before January 2020.

If your study permit expired before January 2020 and you cannot restore it, contact us to discuss your options. You are not alone!