How can I apply for permanent residency?

After graduating from a public post-secondary institution, you may be eligible for a post graduate work permit (PGWP). Depending on the length of your program, your PGWP may be anywhere from 8 months to 3 years long. During this time, you have to complete requirements for permanent residency.

Most migrant student workers apply for permanent residency through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) or the federal Express Entry program called the Canadian Experience Class (CEC). 

For the PNP, every province or territory has their own streams, except for Quebec, which has its own program. 

For the CEC, the key requirements are:

  • Minimum of 12 months of high waged work experience in Canada in NOC 0, A or B jobs
  • High language scores: CLB 7 for NOC 0 or A; CLB 5 for NOC B

Many of us struggle to get permanent residency because of these unfair requirements, and that forces us into very difficult situations. That is why current and former international students like you are coming together to demand permanent immigration status for all now! Join us.