Current & former international students: Sign up and join others like you for upcoming actions, workshops, socials, and activities.
URGENT: Under pressure, Canada is planning to make changes to immigration rules for migrant student workers. Take 5 minutes to share the changes you want to see: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MSU-Survey
Scroll to see actions in Toronto and across the country.
Toronto / GTA
Saturday April 15, 1:30pm: Brampton Rally to Stop the Deportation of 700 International Students
More than 700 current and former international students from India are facing deportation after being scammed by an education agent. Sign up below to join a rally in Brampton organized by the International Youth Student Organization (IYSO) to stop their deportation and call for permanent resident Status for All!
Saturday April 15
Brampton, Chinguacousy Park
9050 Bramalea Rd
April 4, 12pm: Rally and Petition Delivery at Deportation Minister Marco Mendicino’s office
Prime Minister Trudeau folded to racist, anti-migrant pressure and made changes that make it even more dangerous and deadly for migrants to come to Canada on foot. Less than a week after he made changes, eight people and counting have already died, including a child.
Join us in grief and rage to deliver petition signatures on Tuesday April 4, Refugee Rights Day, to Public Safety Minister Marco Mendocino in Toronto. Sign up below.
March 30, 12pm: Rally to Stop the Deportation of 700 International Students
More than 700 current and former international students are facing deportation after being scammed by an education agent. Why are migrant student workers being punished?
Let’s unite and rally for justice in front of the Immigration Refugee Board, 74 Victoria St. at 12pm on Thursday March 30.
March 30, 12pm: Rally Against Cuts to Healthcare for Migrants
The Ontario government is set to cut access to healthcare for uninsured people on March 31st. Join an emergency rally to call for healthcare for all: Thursday March 30, 12pm at Queens Park.
Three years ago, the Ontario government expanded access to healthcare for uninsured people across Ontario, with coverage of all hospital based care and some community based care.
Cutting access to healthcare will lead to immense suffering and possibly death for migrants and others without health insurance. It also burdens our already strained healthcare system, as people may delay seeking care until they are very sick.
ACROSS THE COUNTRY
Add your name: Open Letter to Renew PGWP and Fix Express Entry
Sign now: Fairness Agenda for Migrant Students!
Current and graduated international students (Migrant Student Workers) are now the largest group of temporary migrants in the country. We are uniting as migrants for our rights, for justice and dignity.
Sign the petition to #MakeItFair: MigrantWorkersAlliance.org/MSUFairness
If you are part of an organization, endorse the Fairness Agenda platform so we can unite: MigrantWorkersAlliance.org/FairnessAgenda
ENSURE STATUS FOR ALL MIGRANT STUDENT WORKERS
- Fix Express Entry: Fair CRS calculations, predictable draws, no one left out
- Value all work in immigration selection: In any NOC/TEER, work done on the study permit, in co-op
- No exclusions: PR status for all regardless of age, immigration status, work, language and education requirements
- Permanently end the 20 hour work rule for study permit holders
- Make PGWP renewable, and include private college students
- Allow co-op work authorization without extra permits
- Permit protections for vulnerable and destitute migrant student workers
- No industry of work restrictions
LOWER TUITION, ENSURE GOOD JOBS & ALL SERVICES
- Fair tuition: No differential treatment, caps on tuition increases, stop the fees
- Ensure access to employment and decent work; end wage theft and labour exploitation.
- Ensure full access to all services including healthcare, housing, jobs, scholarships, and in-school support
- Ensure family unity