Current & former international students: Sign up and join others like you for upcoming actions, workshops, socials, and activities.
Scroll to see events in Toronto and across the country.
Toronto / GTA
November 9: Popcorn and Movie Night!
Get cozy, eat popcorn and watch a movie with others like you. Popcorn, snacks and hot drinks provided. Register below so we know how much popcorn to get.
Thursday November 9 from 6pm-8pm
MWAC Offices – click here for map
720 Spadina Avenue, suite 223
ACROSS THE COUNTRY
Sign now: Fairness Agenda for Migrant Students!
Current and graduated international students (Migrant Student Workers) are now the largest group of temporary migrants in the country. We are uniting as migrants for our rights, for justice and dignity.
Sign the petition to #MakeItFair: MigrantWorkersAlliance.org/MSUFairness
If you are part of an organization, endorse the Fairness Agenda platform so we can unite: MigrantWorkersAlliance.org/FairnessAgenda
ENSURE STATUS FOR ALL MIGRANT STUDENT WORKERS
- Fix Express Entry: Fair CRS calculations, predictable draws, no one left out
- Value all work in immigration selection: In any NOC/TEER, work done on the study permit, in co-op
- No exclusions: PR status for all regardless of age, immigration status, work, language and education requirements
- Permanently end the 20 hour work rule for study permit holders
- Make PGWP renewable, and include private college students
- Allow co-op work authorization without extra permits
- Permit protections for vulnerable and destitute migrant student workers
- No industry of work restrictions
LOWER TUITION, ENSURE GOOD JOBS & ALL SERVICES
- Fair tuition: No differential treatment, caps on tuition increases, stop the fees
- Ensure access to employment and decent work; end wage theft and labour exploitation.
- Ensure full access to all services including healthcare, housing, jobs, scholarships, and in-school support
- Ensure family unity