We are organizing for decent jobs, open work permits, full access to social services, and permanent status upon arrival for migrant students.
- Our informational Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/MigrantStudentsUnited/
- Our low-traffic email list: https://actionnetwork.org/forms/msu-mailing-list/
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT WORK OR IMMIGRATION? Contact us!
Sarom Rho, Migrant Student Worker Organizer
1 (855) 567-4722, ext. 701, firstname.lastname@example.org
Varunpreet Singh, Migrant Student Worker Organizer
BECOME A MEMBER
International students are not only migrant students, we are workers too. Like all migrant workers, we deserve justice and fairness.
- Contact email@example.com to become a member or start your own student chapter.
WHAT WE DO
- We respond to questions you may have and connect you to services
- We can help you get justice if you are being mistreated at work
- We hold regular Know Your Rights workshops on work and immigration
- We support students organizing for themselves
- Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada Pathways to Permanent Residency (updated Aug 2018)
- Your Labour Rights at Work
- Working for Cash
- Working at Temp Agencies
- Your Basic Employment Rights
- Your Housing Rights
- Post-Graduation Work Permit
- Free Health Clinics for Uninsured
CAMPAIGN PROFILE: Stop Jobandeep’s Deportation 2019
What we did:
- We heard about Jobandeep’s case in the news and reached out to him
- We helped Jobandeep organize a meeting with his friends and supporters and created a Justice for Joban Committee
- The Justice for Joban Committee created a petition for Jobandeep Singh that got over 50,000 signatures in less than one week.
- We organized a call-in day and called over 100 Members of Parliament.
- We organized letter deliveries to over 50 Members of Parliaments across Canada.
- We organized a rally with Justice for Joban where 50 of us visited the Immigration Minister’s offices to deliver our petitions.
- After Jobandeep’s deportation, we are continuing to organize to ensure fairness and rights for students.