Am I eligible for Employment Insurance benefits?

There are a number of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits – including sickness/injury, parental, and caregiving. All require you to be unable to work and to have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN). Because of your temporary status, your SIN expires along with your work permit, so you may not be eligible for EI depending on the length of your contract. Most benefits require you to be in Canada and not working to qualify.

Click the link to learn more about available EI benefits and requirements:

If you don’t qualify, you’re not alone! Contact us about how you can connect with other migrant workers who are fighting to win access to the benefits you deserve.